Friday, March 09, 2012

DCM 'Tessellation'

This week has just flown by so quickly and I cannot believe it is Friday again! This week it's Leo's turn at Daring Cardmakers with our next dare.....

'Tessellation'

Leo would like us to create a card featuring a tessellation pattern. You can probably remember doing tessellation in math class at school right? Basically, all you're doing is making a pretty pattern with shapes that fit together perfectly on all sides, like tiling. It's up to you how you interpret the dare, so it could be a pattern on a paper already made or even a pattern you make yourself, have fun!

Here is my card....
This was such a fun challenge and so many options and designs. I kept changing my mind and have 2 other cards that are half finished but went with this one. I used a very simple grid / square patterned paper as my tessellation design. I just love MME papers and again didn't want to cover up the little details so kept the bike image in view.

I was also excited to use one of my new WMS stamps that arrived yesterday morning. I went with the 'sweet birthday wishes' sentiment from the 'compact sentiment set'.

Please check out the rest of the fun and inspirational cards from the rest of the DT this week!

I'm also entering this into the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #87 and flipped the sketch around so that the ribbon did not obstruct the patterned paper.

Supplies used:
Cardstock - MME Follow Your Heart Be Charming from The Ribbon Reel
Ribbon - Oatmeal Seam Binding from The Ribbon Reel
Stamps - WMS Compact Sentiments
Other - Nesties, Prima Delightful Day Flower from The Ribbon Reel


TFL!

10 comments:

Julia Aston said...

How pretty Keilly! love the design on the paper and your pairing of the lovely labels with the birthday sentiment! wonderful colors and distressed edges! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Kim Duran said...

Oh I just adore this card! Especially the distressed edges! Thats one of my favorite techniques! Thanks for joining us this week at Waltzingmouse!

Jean Martin said...

Oooh what a pretty card! Lovely soft colors! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

Lythan said...

What an adorable card. Such a good way of using the lovely MME paper

Pauline said...

Such a pretty card Keilly, I love those papers and the beautiful label shape.

Kelly S. said...

New stamps, I see new stamps, yippee! LOVE the way you used the label with this adorable patterned paper! A perfect match that make both shine :)

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is sooooo cute, luv it!

enjoy *~*

Rika said...

Pretty card Keilly!

Unknown said...

Love the distressing on this one Keilly
Hugs Elaine

Samm said...

This is very fresh! love it! great bit of distressing going on too.

Samm
x