Thursday, July 26, 2012

Crafty Templates July

I've been playing around with the new July design kits from Crafty Templates.  There were so many to chose from but I opted for these.... 

My first card used the Watermelon Slice template.


These are super cute images and I knew exactly what sentiment I was going to use for this card. I printed the images out and coloured with Promarkers and then cut them out. 


I printed out the sentiment from my computer then cut out using my oval nesties.  I used a WMS stamp to create the delicate border.  I added a seam binding bow which I sprayed with water and scrunched to create a more crinkled look.  I finished with a little red spotty button!

Challenges: Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes
 
For my second, I used the Sunshine Badge template....


This was such a fiddly project to work on.  I had decided to use the template as the central image and then use my PTI dies to create the base of the badge/rosette.  I thought I'd have a go at using ribbon to add around the outside.  Oh my, this was very fiddly to do, the ribbon kept coming unstuck so I ended up taking the ribbon off and starting again - still with difficultly though.   I used the 'tails' template to create the ribbon tails, although I trimmed them a little thinner so that they would fit inside the width of the ribbon.  I added the words '1st Place' but could have used 'Best Dad' or similar.  


If you'd like to find out more about the monthly templates, pop over to Crafty Templates to find out more.  

TFL!

2 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh what fabulous creations, love them both.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

jo said...

Great use of the templates Keilly!!!